What is the one challenge that small businesses share in common with Fortune 500 companies? It is the conundrum of how to serve customers profitably.
Outsourcing customer service functions has become the business strategy for profitable growth. Examples include utility, catalog retail, e-commerce, travel and hospitality, insurance, credit cards, telecommunications, IT and computer hardware and software development companies. Some businesses even serve internal employees through call center services. Examples include help desk support, IT support, HR services and employee benefits. Call centers have thus become catalysts for business transformation : helping businesses of all sizes, both large and small, to serve customers profitably by enabling businesses to focus on their core activities and without having to incur overhead and infrastructure costs.
In the present-day avatar, call centers have evolved into one-stop shops with a wide collection of customizable value-added features. Call center advocates rave about the following call center outsourcing features:
1. 24×7 employee
Apart from being a nodal center to receive a company’s inbound calls and to make outbound calls, the call center has turned into a 24/7/365 employee performing an entire suite of critical functions for the company to help grow the business. Call center agents can also up-sell and cross-sell products and services resulting in incremental revenue streams. In doing so, they behave similar to employees of the company.
2. Automatic call distribution: This feature ensures that customers are not put on hold for a long time, listening to music while waiting for the next available call center representative. Calls are automatically distributed to the next available agent, improving the response time and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
2. Unified Communications: Call center agents are all equiped with unified data and voice communiations equipment that helps them answer customer inquiries and make recommendations in real time.
3. Automatic dialers: The automatic dialers enable call centers to manage high daily call volumes and prioritize call center activities by segmenting customer inquiries.
4. Telemarketing Lists: Lists help outbound call centers eliminate the need for any paper work and the stress of finding the target segment for the appropriate offers, hence, streamlining the communication process.
5. Call Center Software helps increase efficiency: Call center companies had cumbersome beginnings with agents wielding a phone, a pen, a thick book of the yellow pages and an operations manual of the company. But advent of the call center software has combined all of these paper based tools into an efficient and intuitive digital interface allowing agents to identify, diagnose and resolve customer issues quickly.
6. Pre-written and rehearsed scripts: These scripts keep the agent from fumbling and groping for information. It not only ensures a consistent and high level of customer service but it also equips the call center representatives with a methodology to identify, diagnose and resolve cutomer inquiries.
7. Compliance with Do Not Call Lists: Outbound calls need to comply with the local, state and federal Do Not Call legislation. This system of checks and balances prevent businesses from crossing the line and getting into trouble with the law.
8. Fulfillment Solutions: All the customer information ranging from application forms to credit card processing needed by call center agents are pre-loaded into the respective templates to automate the entire process.
In summary, call centers can be effective catalysts in helping small and large businesses serve customers profitably by enabling businesses to focus on their competencies and eliminating any overhead costs.
Tags: Call Centers
|Get A FREE Call Center Services Quote|