Presidents’ Day is supposed to celebrate two of the United States’ greatest leaders, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, but that’s not what usually happens on the Presdient’s Day holiday.
What comes to mind when you think of Presidents Day?
Its car sales, mattress discounts or furniture bargains. Retailers use the February weekend to move inventory by dropping prices on their available stock. Find out how your small business can stake a claim to the Presidents Day Weekend Sale.
1. Partner with Retailers
If you sell clothes, cars, mattresses, furniture, or appliances, please stop reading here. Any other business can angle in on the President’s Day sales by teaming up with the aforementioned businesses. Some ideas:
- Business Cash Advance… partner with merchants and retailers to provide them with the necessary working capital so that they can clear out their inventory by dropping prices and making Presidents Day a blockbuster sales weekend.
- Search Marketing… retail businesses need your help creating President’s Day-themed pay per click marketing, SEO and more.
- Call Centers… could help retailers with anwering service calls and inquiries from potential customers regarding Presidents Day sale, hours of operations, available product discounts, returns etc.
2. Develop a New Product or Promotion with a Presidents Day Spin
Don’t have a remotely presidential product or service? Create one! One clothing boutique owner held a President’s Day sale on everything red, white and blue in the store. A hotel drummed up February business with the ad copy: “Give her the first lady treatment she’s really been wanting… get the presidential suite.” Tell a Presidents marketing story on your e-commerce website or physical storefront and you’ll find ways to divert those Presidents Day sale dollars to less traditional products and services.
3. Celebrate Presidents Day Weekend with a “buy one get one free” special
The central message of President’s Day happens to coincide with a time-honored marketing strategy for clearing out inventory: “buy one get one free”. With the on going recession, now might be the time to offer a “buy one get one free” deal for your product or service: anyone can fall in love with “2-for-1” low prices during this deep recession.
4. Presdient Obama’s Memorabilia lets supporters make the most out of their bragging rights.
With first African American President in the White House, President Obama fans will wear the victory on their sleeves –and coffee mug, license plate, or anything else that can be stamped with President Obama’s picture for 2010 and beyond. Don’t feel restricted by whether or not an item has anything to do with President Obama. In fact, the more unconventional it is for an item to carry President Obama’s picture, the more in demand it might be.
In the words of President Shirley, “this Presidents Day, it is appropriate to remember history and to consider why America celebrates the lives of its first and 16th presidents, considered by many scholars to be the two greatest we have ever had.” Follow these creative Presidents Day strategies and let your celebration of the country’s Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln blossom into positive cash flows.